Tuesday, July 27, 2010

If Piri Weepu was a Japanese Comic

I hope that this makes Piri Weepu smile. I did it out of total respect, and if any of the sketches are insulting, no disrespect intended.

I teach English at an art college in Japan. For the final test, since many of my students finish early, I like to give a bonus point if they sketch something. For the test today I used this recent photo of Piri.


I put it on the test with these instructions.



And here are some of the results! Enjoy!




1. Looks more like Rene Ranger.


2. Poor kid had no time to do the eyes!


3. Roughly translates to "I couldn't really think of anything."


4. Translates to "Does this look like him?" but really it is a self portrait.



5. Very simple, but I kind of like it.



6. Class clown did this one.


7. Not even close! Looks more like Carl Hayman!


8. This one is my favorite. This kid gets an A!


9. I have no idea either, don't ask.



10. Looks more like Jedthian.


11. Ahhh, Piri is Maori, not Mexican.


12. I am a bit worried about this kid.

13. Looks like somebody...just not Piri.

14. Simple is best. No so sure about the bird, though.

15. This one rocks. Captures that Piri Weepu we all love.









Follow greatgoogly on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment